linphone-developers

Re: [Linphone-developers] G729 support in mediastremer2

From: kl
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] G729 support in mediastremer2
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 00:59:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 8/2/10, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> So, do we agree on a practical scenario:
>
> 1) fake plugin with GPL source is distributed with the real
> GPL
> application;
>
> 2) user on his/her premises replaces the fake plugin with
> the real non-GPL
> one and does _no_ (re)distribution of the combined

The Linphone plugin is smarter than this. A dummy is not needed (technically!).
Basically the Linphone will be distributed in GPL mode. Without that plugin,
Linphone continues to work normally, short of the G729 codec capability. Then
at the customer premise, the real non-GPL binary is copied to a specific
folder, the plugin will be used by Linphone.

Regards.