linphone-developers

[Linphone-developers] Missing build instructions for linux

From: Diego Carvalho
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Missing build instructions for linux
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 12:16:29 -0300

Hi all, I was trying to compile linphone on linux to test a patch I
wrote but the README only says the dependencies that we need to
install. Then I discovered that we need run autogen.sh to generate
configure. But to run autogen.sh I needed to install libtool and
intltool. As I said, these instruction are not on README.
Also, I could not run configure after installed libsdl1.2-dev  (and of
course the other dependencies). Is this the right package? I had to
install libxv-dev.
After these steps I could compile linphone successfully, but when I
ran it, the video was not displayed. From the debug window I got this
message:

message: Window has size 352,288
error: Could not find suitable format or Xv port to work with.

This message is displayed over and over again. Does anybody know the
reason? Maybe this is related to the fact I could not install SDL. I
appreciate any help and It seems like the README needs to be updated
(or I missed something). Thanks in advance.