linphone-developers

[Linphone-developers] /dev/null permission problems

From: Ed Holland
Subject: [Linphone-developers] /dev/null permission problems
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:38:59 +0000

Hi All,

I ran into some odd issues while using linphonecsh that had me stumped
for a good while. Namely /dev/null was having its permissions changed to
600 rather than the correct 666. After some investigations I determined
that this was due to linphonecsh calling linphonec with /dev/null as its
config file. This caused issue when running as root as linphonec ensures
that its config files are not group or world writeable. I have included
a patch which checks if the config file is a regular file before
attempting to modify the permissions. I hope that this patch is an
acceptable fix for this problem. The new code compiles correctly.

Yours

Ed Holland