linphone-developers

[Linphone-developers] trusting certificates / adding SSL Exceptions in L

From: Eli Burke
Subject: [Linphone-developers] trusting certificates / adding SSL Exceptions in Linphone for iPhone
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:44:38 -0500

We would like to allow users to trust certificates and/or add SSL exemptions
when connecting via TLS. Ideally it would occur within Linphone, but I could
accept a workaround using Safari. Unfortunately, Linphone uses its own
certificate store so any root or self-signed certificates trusted by iOS are
not trusted by Linphone.

I can see commented out code in eXosip's eXtl_tls.c that appears to load system
certificates for Windows and Android, but nothing for iPhone.  Has anyone
implemented this or looked at whether it is possible? Is there a reason to only
use the certificate store that is compiled in to Linphone?

Thanks,
Eli