linphone-developers

Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone error "Could not start tls transport

From: KheOps
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone error "Could not start tls transport on port"
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 20:56:53 +0000

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:39:42PM +0200, Neteru wrote:

> Hi thanks for your quick response. I use indeed the wonderful
> "ArchLinux" with Linphone version 3.7.0.
> Why is OpenSSL dropped? And why PolarSSL?

As far as I understood, this seems to be due to a lack of trust that the
Linphone team has towards OpenSSL.

However, I did not see any official statement or justification from the
team to explain the move. This seems to me a fairly important choice in
terms of security, so it may have been good to have a few lines in a
ChangeLog or something.

> Does this mean that Linphone
> is now broken on my system. I don't use Encryption for linphone cause I
> only call to land lines.

I don't know. When I upgrade to 3.7.0 and noticed that TLS was broken, I
had to to change my account transport to TCP, because obviously TLS did
not work.

Apart from losing TLS encryption, Linphone continued to work fine for
me.

> I will try to follow the steps that you have provided in your link:
> https://w.ceops.eu/words/posts/Compiling%20Linphone%203.7.0%20with%20TLS%20and%20ZRTP%20support/

Feel free to ask!