linphone-developers

[Linphone-developers] Implement iOS Background Mode for incoming call

From: Xaree
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Implement iOS Background Mode for incoming call
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 16:05:44 +0800

Dear all,

I use Linphone C API to write an iOS VoIP app. After I did add some code for background mode, it still can't receive incoming call in background. I'm not sure what the problem is. Hope someone can provide hints for me.

I did the following jobs from the official docs (http://www.linphone.org/docs/liblinphone/group__IOS.html) for the background mode in iOS:

1. add `voip` and `audio` value in the .plist for background mode.
2. refresh register and call `-setKeepAliveTimeout:handler:` in UIApplicationDelegate method `-applicationDidEnterBackground:`.

Did I miss something?

Is there any minimal example to implement the background incoming call (not the big linphone-iphone project)?

I don't understand how the official linphone-iphone project implements the background incoming call. After removing the `-setKeepAliveTimeout:handler:` implementation, the official linphone-iphone app still can receive the background incoming call.

Best regards,
Xaree