linphone-developers

Re: [Linphone-developers] LinPhone

From: Gautier Pelloux-Prayer
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] LinPhone
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:37:05 +0100

Hi,

Well, it is difficult for us to accept a patch on OSS because none of us use it
now, and we cannot ensure that the patch does improve the situation.
However, if you limit your patch to your specific oss driver, we will be able
to apply it on Linphone. If any other user encounters the problem again with
another driver, we might then reconsider your patch and apply it globally.

There is a mechanism to drop data from time to time which is the jitter buffer
(see jitterctl.c in mediastreamer2 sources).

Regards,

Gautier Pelloux-Prayer
Software Engineer @ Belledonne Communications