linphone-developers

[Linphone-developers] LinphoneCore.iterate() in Android

From: Eugene Punsal Lozada
Subject: [Linphone-developers] LinphoneCore.iterate() in Android
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 13:43:34 +0800

I’d like to get some clarification on properly setting up the
LinphoneCore.iterate() loop in Android

1) For mobile, what is the most ideal delay between two calls to iterate()? The
reference android app schedules a TimerTask every 20 ms.  Are there any factors
or parameters that should be driving this value?

2) The documentation for LinphoneCore.iterate() indicates that iterate() should
be called in the same thread as other liblinphone methods.    Right now in my
test application, I’m calling iterate() in a background thread running inside a
scheduledexecutorservice.  So when the doc states that other liblinphone
methods should be called in the same thread, does that mean I should dispatch
the calls to core methods like accept(), terminate etc… to the same thread?  In
the reference linphone android app, I can see that LinphoneManager dispatches
the call to iterate() to the UI thread.  Is this good practice?