linphone-developers

Re: [Linphone-developers] Sending DTMF tone to remote end with Python AP

From: Nicholas Beauregard
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Sending DTMF tone to remote end with Python API
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 15:23:59 -0400

I found the answer, there is a send_dtmf() function on the linphone.Call object in recent versions of the python wrapper.
It appears send_dtmf() was not present in version 3.9.1, and therefore does not appear in the API documentation I was using at https://pythonhosted.org/linphone/.

Thanks,
-Nick

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 12:16 PM, Nicholas Beauregard <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I'm developing an application using the Liblinphone Python wrapper, and I am having difficulty figuring out how to send DTMF tones to the remote end of a call.

The Python API docs describe the linphone.Core.play_dtmf() function, but this only plays a specified tone for the local user. It seems the Python API is missing a send_dtmf() function that will send a specified DTMF tone to the remote end, such functions exist for the C library and Java wrapper.

C library: linphone_call_send_dtmf()
https://www.linphone.org/docs/liblinphone/group__call__control.html#ga4dc0c48a36cecfc78be08c375c4b1f11

Java wrapper: sendDtmf()
http://www.linphone.org/docs/liblinphone-javadoc/org/linphone/core/LinphoneCore.html#sendDtmf(char)

Is this functionality missing from the Python wrapper, or is there a different implementation that I am missing?

Thanks,
-Nick