linphone-users

[Linphone-users] IPv6 *and* IPv4?

From: Bent Bagger
Subject: [Linphone-users] IPv6 *and* IPv4?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 17:51:46 +0100

Hi

It would be nice if it was possible to use both IPv6 and IPv4 at the
same time. My primary reason for using Linphone is its ability to use
IPv6, thereby avoiding all issues concerning masquerading (SNAT).

But and however, there are not so many of us out there yet, so sometimes
it would be practical to use an IPv4 connection instead.

An example at hand: My Asterisk - which is IPv6 capable on both SIP and
IAX - or any Asterisk for that matter, is not very good at echoing
video, so when I want to test my video I have to resort to other
resources. Ekiga has a nice echo service (sip:address@hidden) but it
accepts IPv4 only.

What all this boils down to is really: Is it possible to set Linphone up
in such a way that if a call setup doesn't succeed in IPv6 it will then
try to establish the call using IPv4? My understanding is that Linphone
uses *either* IPv4 or IPv6 but not both. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kind regards,

Bent