linphone-users

[Linphone-users] Good audio with IPv4, (almost) no audio with IPv6

From: Bent Bagger
Subject: [Linphone-users] Good audio with IPv4, (almost) no audio with IPv6
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 22:57:29 +0200

Hi List

I originally switched to Linphone because it to the best of my knowledge
is the only open source-softphone that can use IPv6. It has also
faithfully stood me by so far, but with version 3.3.1 of Linphone it
appears that my luck has run out: When I call the time service on my
Asterisk I only get the first phoneme of the first sentence - the rest
is silence.

In desperation I switched to the use of IPv4, and lo and behold: that
works. Also both IPv4 and IPv6 works with version 3.2.1 of Linphone.

I am really at a loss as to how to best attack this problem. I have
created a couple of logfiles with Linphone, one for at call using IPv6
and the other for for the same call using IPv4. The logfiles are at
http://filebin.ca/wqaznb/linphone-ipv4-ipv6.bz2

I hope someone more knowledgeable than me can help me with some hints
for what to do. Traces with wireshark? audio recordings?

Kind regards,

Bent