linphone-users

Re: [Linphone-users] Android SIP client that tunnels on blocked 3G?

From: Liviu Andronic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Android SIP client that tunnels on blocked 3G?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 00:09:16 +0200

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 23:45:06 +0200, Nikolai Cassanova <address@hidden> wrote:

Since linphone hasn't implemented the feature yet, try the other sip clients
in android market.  Two that i know of are: csipsimple and sipdroid.
I tried both of them (again), but unfortunately neither is able to tunnel through my operator's 3G.

Good
luck, and also if you want  you could root your android device and put a
custom rom on your android phone that supports android 2.3.3 (gingerbread
build) which has a sip stack built into actual OS, that way you would have
sip running natively in the background of your android device.

I may try this later. Thanks
Liviu