linphone-users

Re: [Linphone-users] Sorting Contacts

From: Andrew Savchenko
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Sorting Contacts
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 08:38:37 +0400

Hello,

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:33:57 +0200 Sylvain Berfini wrote:
> Normally Linphone sort your contacts the same way the native Contact
> application sorts them.
> If not, this is an issue. Please check.

I also have a sorting issue, though on Linphone-3.6.1 for Linux.

It appears that linphone sorts contacts based on the value of their
SIP ID (address@hidden in my case) instead of
recipient's name.

In Linphone-3.5.2 there was an ability to sort contacts via double
click on the "Contacts" column header, but in 3.6.1 this feature is
gone. I can move contact manually in the list by mouse dragging them,
but the order is not preserved after linphone is restarted. And a
contact order in .linphonerc is ignored.

This is quite disturbing, because for large contact lists (~100
contacs) this makes the list unusable and I have to look
into .linphonerc each time to find a person I need and then to type
required SIP ID manually.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko