liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Maps

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Maps
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:05:56 +0200

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 09:10:24PM +0200, Jan Gretschuskin wrote:
> I created some new maps for the game - and this time i zipped them so you can
> all get
> the maps ;)
Sorry about the 100kb limit, but I thought it was a wise choice not too
allow jumbo files on the list, since people who use dial-up internet
connections might be likely too want to download large amounts of data.

> I don't have names yet, just try them out...
I'm trying them right now, and think they're pretty cool 8-)

Oh, BTW, I'm having a problem with the translation. Liquid War is not
able to display accents such as "?" or "?". There's been the same
problem with the French translation... I solved this by replacing letters
with accents by their equivalent without the accents. This is of course
not perfect, but it's better than nothing 8-/ I might add proper >=128
ascii support to handle such characters properly in the future, but this
won't be ready for 5.5.8. Is it OK with you Jan if I replace "?" by "u"
for now, knowing that I keep a track of the "right" translation and will
probably fix the offense later? One last point: what about the "?"? Is
it OK is I replace it by "B"?.

Have a nice day.

Christian.

--