liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Amazing game, but with network problems...

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Amazing game, but with network problems...
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:32:11 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 11:41:45PM +0000, Jeremy !!! wrote:
> Holy crap.  What an amazing game.  Best free software I've come across in a
> while.  I'm on a Pentium 166 w/32 megs of RAM and it works like a charm...
8-)

> offline that is.  When I try to go into internet games, I get some
> problems. Sometimes it works, but it usually just hangs and then proceeds
>  to boot me.  This seems to vary by server.  I went into console mode and
> tried connecting to myself.  It worked once, but the other two times it
> gave me the errors:
> Disconnecting "24.bla.bla.bla:2142" (keepalive failed)
> and
> Disconnecting "24.bla.bla.bla:2142" (no more keys)
huh huh... This is on a LAN right? Rather strange in fact. Would
understand if this happened on the Net, but on a local network, I just
have no idea why things go wrong. Would it be possible for you to:
- tell me what kind of OS you use (Windows or UNIX).
- try to reproduce the bug with the "-netlog" option turned on, and send
  me the corresponding log files (both server and client). If you don't
  know how to do this, you can either read the doc or ask me ;-)

> I read in the archives of this list that you're going to fix the network
> stuff... so I guess you should keep this in mind.
Yep.

> I'd be very interested in testing the next version, if need be.  I have
> broadband, so I could download crap quick.
OK. The best way for you to be up to date is to download the source from
CVS and compile it. However, there are no new network fixes commited yet,
so there's no hurry. And anyway, new releases are generally announced on
this list.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--