liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] LW6 news

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] LW6 news
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:36:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Some news from Liquid War 6:

----------8<--------------------------------------------------
Coding is on its way, I've coded a bunch of things this summer (mostly in
August, while I was in Spain). The good news is that:

    * OpenGL is rather simple to manage, I've been able to setup basic
stuff quickly enough. No problem on this side.
    * Guile is pretty usable, the scm_ interface lacks a good tutorial,
but it's very usable. I'm still no scheme guru, but wait 8-)

Right now the current work in progress release does nothing interesting,
but the framework is set up. I mean it displays stuff using OpenGL, and
it's driven by scheme code which passes orders/parameters to low-level C
code through Guile.

I've also fixed some stuff in the old dusty Liquid War 5 code, basically
I'm preparing a 5.6.3 release which will fix some bugs, and be Allegro
4.2.0 compatible.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--