liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Hey all & some maps

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Hey all & some maps
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:16:38 +0100

Hi,

>>> It's an x86 package.
>>
>> Foo. What surprises should I expect trying to compile on PPC?
Well, last time I tried to compile on PPC I got a regression bug:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?35168

It's a problem and needs to be fixed but it won't prevent you from playing
solo games. Network games are not available on version 6.x anyway, not yet.
I'd like to say it's coming soon but it was planned for 2008 so well, I'll
just state it will be done when it's done.

> Heh. MacPorts has a port of liquidwar @5.6.4, Revision 1 as universal
> compatible (PPC/i386, not x86_64).
The current git upstream source:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/liquidwar.git

does have fixes that make it easier to compile on OS X, it should work out of
the box while previous versions needed some minor patches, I believe this is
the case with vanilla 5.6.4.

> No port of version 6...
I provide a working x86 .dmg FYI the PPC Mac hardware I have @home has only
Debian GNU/Linux installed so while I can technically validate it runs on PPC,
I can't generate a PPC Mac binary. Generating compatible dual architectures
binaries is beyond my knowledge, I know how to compile native things through
macports and standard GNU tools, but I don't use Xcode at all and have no clue
(and probably not much interest) in learning how this proprietary tool works.
Last time I fired LW6 on my G4 it was awfully slow anyway, I dunno why,
there's no real reason, I need to investigate/optimize.

> And why does email on this list get the name "General discussion about
> Liquid War 5", and not liquid war 6? Am I on the wrong list?
Yes, this list is LW5 dedicated, I've set up another list for LW6, which is: