listhelper-discuss

proulx.com DSL outage this morning

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: proulx.com DSL outage this morning
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:45:41 -0600

Listhelpers,

My DSL network connection had problems this morning resulting in the
network being offline from 6am to 11am MDT.  Being on the failed end
of the network was quite painful.  :-( Things seem to be back okay
again now.

Network downtime always causes a large pipeline backlog of spam
processing through SpamAssassin.  The queue is 300 deep at this moment
into and slowly decreasing.  I am sure it was much deeper at 11:30am
just after the network came back online.  My now it has had a couple
of hours to process and is almost caught up again.  I am expecting
things to have returned to normal by later this afternoon.

Bob