listhelper-discuss

Re: A note about the list js-devs-task-force

From: Zak Rogoff
Subject: Re: A note about the list js-devs-task-force
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:04:23 -0400

On 09/21/2013 05:30 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Zak - thanks for writing.  Whether a list is set up to use listhelper
> by default depends on exactly what the sysadmins do :).  In the past, I
> have told them the script to use (lists:~list/mycreate_list.pl), but
> they are so busy, I wouldn't be surprised if they just fall back to
> using the standard mailman methods.
>
> Anyway, I see the list is not there yet ... after they create it, I'll
> check and set it up for listhelper if need be.  No problem.  Thanks for
> writing.
>
> All lists created through Savannah, or by us, are set up to use
> listhelper by default.  If you need to set up more lists in the future,
> feel free to email us instead of sysadmin, to save their time, etc.
>
> Best,
> Karl

Great, thank you for the explanation, and for making sure the list is
set up with listhelper despamming.

I want to update the FSF's internal documentation about this, so two
questions for you:

When you refer to listhelper, are you talking about a program or a
combination of a program and volunteers despamming? Is there any other
despamming method that we should be choosing to use or not, other than
listhelper?

Just to clarify, if the sysadmins use ~list/mycreate_list.pl, it will
have listhelper set up to do despamming?

--
Zak Rogoff
Campaigns Manager, Free Software Foundation