listhelper-discuss

Re: Help with typo in list summary page on savannah

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Help with typo in list summary page on savannah
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 19:14:52 -0400

On 03/24/2016 06:43 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
Hi John,

        https://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=octave

If you click the "Configure:" menu item on that page, you'll be able to
delete the spurious "octave-mainainers".  You can also add
"octave-maintainers" there.  You're right that there's no way to edit
the text.

The configure page does show the incorrectly named octave-mainainers list, but since the real octave-maintainers list doesn't appear there, I'm hesitant to request that it be removed since I don't know what is actually wrong and I don't want to accidentally delete the real list.

If there are actually two lists, then I don't see how to make the real one show up on the configure page.

     I'm hoping that someone here will

For the future, in principle address@hidden is a better
place to write about savannah questions.

Thanks. It just doesn't seem clear exactly where to go. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing obvious links to that list on savannah.

But while I have you here :), let me ask you about the
octave-bug-tracker list.  There are 70+ messages pending at
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admindb/octave-bug-tracker, many real
messages (also some spam), going back many months.  Evidently no one is
clearing this queue.  As I recall, you asked us not to involve
listhelper with this list, because ... I can't remember why not, sorry.

How would you like to proceed?  It's not good for the queue to simply
build up indefinitely, of course ...

I'll check it out.

Thanks,

jwe