lkdp-discuss

Re: [LKDP] mmap driver entry point

From: Abhishek Nayani
Subject: Re: [LKDP] mmap driver entry point
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:27:49 +0530

Hi,

On Tue, 08 Oct 2002, Ankit wrote:

> Iam trying to understand the mmap entry point for a
> driver.
> This is how the mmap() is implemented

        mmap() is usually used to map a file from some secondary
storage into RAM. So the drivers (usually fs code) implement the mmap()
function (which is specific to the filesystem) which is called by the
generic do_mmap() routine.

                                        bye,
                                                Abhi.

"I can only show you the door, you have to walk through it..." - Morpheus
Home Page: http://www.abhi.tk