lmi

[lmi] lmi tests under cygwin

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] lmi tests under cygwin
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:22:44 +0100

 Hello,

 I've tried to run tests under cygwin, as promised, and many of them fail
with this exception:

        Not all alert function pointers have been set.

I didn't have time to look into this in details yet but maybe you already
know what is it due and where should I concentrate my efforts?

 Other than that:

0. the output is all but unreadable because of the license message repeated
   40 times; would it be possible to add code checking if environment
   variable LMI_LICENSE_OK is set [to 1] and set license_accepted to false
   in cpp_main.cpp if it is? I can't [easily] pass command line arguments
   to all tests from Makefile.am but I can set an environment variable.

1. test_comma_punct fails: **** test failed:   '-999' == '-,999'
   but it gives a message just before about it being ok with gcc < 4.0

   I wonder if it wouldn't be better to detect compiler version and not
   fail the test with gcc < 4.0?

2. test_value_cast, test_path_utility, test_math_functors
   fail with multiple errors

   test_numeric_io fails with test failed:   '15' == '16'

   is this expected?

3. test_tools_test succeeds in failing so it's ok but I wonder if it
   wouldn't be better to just make it "honestly" fail and modify the
   test suite to support tests which are meant to fail, this seems like
   a cleaner solution to me (and, of course, automake supports this)

4. test_expression_template_0 succeeds but takes ~400 seconds to do it
   (on a 3GHz Xeon CPU), isn't it a bit too long?

 Thanks,
VZ