lmi

Re: [lmi] wxRadioBox::SetSelection() when disabled

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] wxRadioBox::SetSelection() when disabled
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:33:03 +0000

On 2005-11-22 13:56 UTC, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:18:35 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> Vadim--Can I assume that SetSelection() changes the selection in a
> GC> wxRadioBox even when wxRadioBox::IsEnabled() is false?
>
>  I'm not sure, I'd have to test it. I assume you're only interested in
> wxMSW and wxGTK2, right?
>
> GC> I'd like to rely on this behavior, and I can write a unit test for it,
> GC> but I'd rather not write a test if it would obviously always pass on
> GC> every platform.
>
>  Sorry, I'm a bit lost -- do you mean "if it would always fail"?

Well, on msw at least, I can change the selected radiobutton under
program control with SetSelection(), even when the radiobutton and
its radiobox are disabled. (A user can't, but the program can.)

I wasn't sure whether that capability is specific to wxmsw. Because
you seem unsure too, I'll just put it in my unit tests. That way,
the assumption I'm making will always be validated, even if wx is
ported to some new platform that we know nothing about today.