lmi

[lmi] .tir files data structures in lmi

From: Evgeniy Tarassov
Subject: [lmi] .tir files data structures in lmi
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:58:10 +0100

Hello, Greg!
Could you please help me understand the .tir file data meaning? I have
a hard time of aligning what i've learned from stratified_charges.?pp
files with our mdgrid-alike approach. :)

If i understand correclty stratified_charges class is just a
dictionary of stratified_entities (which is the entities to edit --
the list on the left in product_editor). Every stratified_entity
contains an array of limits and an array of values (both arrays are
vector<double>). From the old ihs application it seems that the index
of those arrays is a thingy called "band" and that its something
similar to the age axis -- the last value determines the value for
higher indexes.

As you could see from this letter i'm not really sure of the meaning
of class variables/members. Should it be something like in the old
legacy editor?

| Entity1  |  X Axis :                     |      <Grid Data>   |
| Entity2  |  Y Axis :                     |      <Grid Data>   |
| Entity3  |                                  |      <Grid Data>   |
| Entity4  |  # Bands: 1..99           |      <Grid Data>   |
| Entity5  |  Variable: limit/value    |      <Grid Data>   |
Here "# Bands" axis can take value from the 1..99 range and
corresponds to the index for those two arrays in stratified_entities
class (limits and values).
Variable axis can take the value limit or value (it correcsponds to
limits array and values array).

There is also dictionary read/write interface visibility issue. Both
functions in stratified_charges for reading from and writing to a file
are private and the class has two friends TierDocument and TierView
not implemented in any lmi file. Should i replicate the same workaroud
as for db4 and implement one of those classes and derive tir editor
window from it to gain access to private structures of both
stratified_charges and stratified_entity classes?
--
ET