lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Re: To configure wx-2.6.2

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Re: To configure wx-2.6.2
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:02:58 +0100

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:59:08 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Should I be surprised that wxmsw 'make install' places the wx dll
GC> in $prefix/lib instead of $prefix/bin ?

 wx behaves in the standard Unix-way here where it's expected that
libraries end up in lib. I guess nobody really thought about "make install"
under Cygwin as it's true that it makes more sense to put them in bin
there. But I'm not sure how easy is it going to change it, Vaclav should
know better.

 Anyhow, this is not surprising as it's the expected behaviour but I agree
that it could be improved and that it would make more sense to install DLLs
in bin under Cygwin.

 Regards,
VZ