lmi

Re: [lmi] Unit test for C99 round()

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Unit test for C99 round()
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:45:58 +0000

On 2008-06-13 00:26Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 03:37:37 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
>  Basically I propose have a single central LMI_X86_FP definition as an
> alternative to replacing multiple "#ifdef __STDC_IEC_559__" tests with
> (ugly IMHO) "#if 0 && defined(__STDC_IEC_559__)". For the platforms we
> currently use the net effect is the same but:

I think the 20080617T1530Z commit accomplishes this. I named the
macro LMI_IEC_559 by analogy with __STDC_IEC_559__. By default,
it is defined nowhere.

>    [...] And I just dislike running sed scripts on
>    the entire code base like this, it always seems fool proof but sometimes
>    it happens to introduce unnoticed problems (of course, in this
>    particular case it does seem fool proof but then I had said it before)

BTW, in that case I changed the code manually and tested it first,
and then later wrote a 'sed' script to accomplish the same thing.
I wouldn't trust either method alone for a complex change like
this; and I still make some mistakes, but they're fewer this way.