lmi

Re: [lmi] passing objects instead of references to value_cast

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] passing objects instead of references to value_cast
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:24:40 +0000

On 2008-06-13 01:54Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
>  Notice that I decided to use boost::is_arithmetic<> instead of continuing
> to use std::numeric_limits<>

Already changed in HEAD; but....

> after applying remove_const<> to FromDeref
> type because the former seems more natural to me and because I thought that
> "boost::remove_const<typename boost::remove_reference<From> >" was a bit
> clumsy
[...]
> +    typedef typename boost::remove_reference<From>::type FromDeref;

On 20080626T1709Z I committed the remainder of this patch, except
for 'FromDeref'--is it necessary? If so, would you please write a
one-line change for 'value_cast_test.cpp' that adds a failing
testcase, and let me know if it fails only with msvc (in case I
can't reproduce it with my compilers)?

I'm not opposed to the change if even one compiler needs it, even
if we don't think that compiler's right. But I'd want to document
the reason for a change whose necessity I don't immediately see;
otherwise I might blithely simplify it away someday.