lmi

Re: [lmi] precompiled headers

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] precompiled headers
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:16:48 +0000

On 2009-06-28 19:33Z, Vaclav Slavik wrote:

> I tried to add precompiled headers support to LMI, with mixed results.
> That is, it works great for Visual C++ (cutting compilation time from 33
> minutes to 4 minutes in my VM), but it doesn't improve gcc compilation
> times (sometimes, it is a tiny bit faster, sometimes even a tiny bit
> slower).

BTW, MinGW has just released a version of gcc-4.4.0 that
may be suitable for us:
If your tests used an earlier gcc version, then there may
still be hope for pch with gcc.

> Unfortunately, the changes required are relatively large and keeping
> them in our private repository with patches specific to VC++ would be
> impractical. Would you consider including the changes summarized below
> in the upstream?

I don't see anything that I'd object to putting in HEAD.
But I won't be able to do anything about it before our
release on June thirtieth.