lmi

Re: [lmi] install_msw.sh and third party libraries?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] install_msw.sh and third party libraries?
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 16:35:52 +0200

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 01:01:05 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2011-06-16 22:41Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> >
GC> > make $coefficiency PATH=$minimal_path install
GC> > make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`/opt/lmi/third_party/src/cgicc/CgiEnvironment.cpp', needed by
`CgiEnvironment.o'.
GC> [...]
GC> >  And there is indeed nothing in this directory. Unfortunately I'm not sure
GC> > how is anything supposed to end up there as there doesn't seem to be any
GC> > mention of it in install_msw.sh. And the problem is not only with cgicc
GC> > stuff (that I don't really care about) but with Boost headers
GC>
GC> In 'install_msw.sh', this line:
GC>   make $coefficiency -f install_miscellanea.make
GC> should download and install those libraries.

 Sorry, I really don't know how did I miss this, now that you pointed me to
it I see it very clearly :-/

 And looking at the corresponding part of the log I see that the real
problem was that "make -f install_miscellanea.make clobber" failed:

        make $coefficiency -f install_miscellanea.make clobber
        rm: cannot remove
`/opt/lmi/third_party/src/boost/tools/build/v2/test/startup/boost-root':
Directory not empty
        make: *** [clobber] Error 1

But when I looked at this directory it _was_ empty so I really don't know
what happened there. Anyhow, after manually deleting it, the build finally
succeeded and I can run LMI fine, apparently.

 Thanks for your help!
VZ