lmi

Re: [lmi] Input-sequence editor testing

From: Václav Slavík
Subject: Re: [lmi] Input-sequence editor testing
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 19:32:55 +0200

Hi,

On 9 Jul 2011, at 18:29, Greg Chicares wrote:
> (1) I edit an input sequence with many rows:
>  40000 2;99999;100000;100001;110000;120000;130000;140000;150000;0
> and I need to move the pop-up dialog window up a little so that I can see it
> all.
> Specifically, I'm using msw-xp with a two-row taskbar, and the window seems
> to be
> positioned so that it fits on the screen, but the taskbar covers up the
> bottom of
> it. Can this be changed so that the bottom of the dialog is confined to the
> "client area" as defined here:
>  http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_wxdisplay.html#wxdisplaygetclientarea
> ? The code says:
>    // Center the window on the [...] button for best locality -- it will be
>    // close to user's point of attention and the mouse cursor.
>    InputSequenceEditor editor(button_, title_, in);
>    editor.CentreOnParent();
> so I guess this may be a question about the CentreOnParent() implementation.
> (I'm running at 800x600 resolution, which makes me more likely than others to
> be
> troubled by this.)

Sounds like CentreOnParent() bug to me and one that should be fixed in the
library. I'll have a look at it, thanks for spotting the problem!

> (2) In the input-sequence editor, Enter navigates to the next control.
> Elsewhere
> in lmi, Enter triggers the default pushbutton; can that same style be used
> here
> for consistency? Inserting 'ok_button_->SetDefault()' near the bottom of
> InputSequenceEditor::InputSequenceEditor() seems to work, but I'm not sure
> whether something bad would happen if the button is disabled as mentioned
> here:

No, not at all, that's the right thing to do, sorry for not doing it myself in
the first place.

> (Of course, if the sequence is invalid, then "OK" should be disabled, and the
> Enter key shouldn't really do anything.)

Currently, if OK is disabled, then Enter works as before, i.e. goes to the next
control. I don't know whether that's standard Windows behavior or not, though
-- Vadim, do you?

Regards,
Vaclav