lmi

Re: [lmi] Allow opening cell editor with double-click

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Allow opening cell editor with double-click
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:49:01 +0000

On 2012-01-11 13:46Z, Václav Slavík wrote:

> On 5 Jan 2012, at 14:31, Greg Chicares wrote:
>>> With this patch, Enter is used for the same purpose
>>> as double-click and Ctrl+E, so only F2 or Space can be used for inline
>>> editing (and the mouse, of course).
>>
>> It also blocks Alt-Spacebar, which should pull down the system menu;
>> I rely on that.
>
> Fixed in wx now: http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/70318
>
> BTW, note that this bug (as well as the crash one) is present even without
> the activate-to-edit patch applied.

I applied that changeset (revision 5407, 20120224T1223Z):
  http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc?view=rev&root=lmi&revision=5407
but Alt-Spacebar still doesn't seem to pull down the system menu.

I rebuilt both wx and lmi. The wx log indicates that 'patch'
(and rebuilding) succeeded, and the changes are indeed made in
'src/generic/datavgen.cpp', e.g.:

    switch ( event.GetKeyCode() )
    {
        case WXK_RETURN:
            if ( !event.HasModifiers() )
            {
                // Enter activates the item, i.e. sends
wxEVT_COMMAND_DATAVIEW_ITEM_ACTIVATED to

and the wx libraries that the rebuilt lmi binary actually uses
are all later than the 'src/generic/datavgen.cpp' datestamp.

Does the following testcase work for you?
  File | New | Census
  Alt-Spacebar
I don't get a system menu when a census window is on top;
otherwise, I do.