lmi

Re: [lmi] Remove a TODO from CensusView implementation

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Remove a TODO from CensusView implementation
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 22:15:41 +0000

On 2014-10-18 01:51Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

>  While looking at something completely different (namely, census printing),
> I couldn't help noticing these lines in the same census_view.cpp file:
>
>       // TODO ?? Can't this macro be dispensed with?
>       #define ID_LISTWINDOW 12345
>
> And the answer is, of course, that we can avoid using it and the patch
> below does exactly this. Notice that the patch is probably too paranoid and
> the check added to CensusView::UponRightClick() could be just omitted, as
> we are only going to receive events from the only wxDataViewCtrl we're
> using right now, but, as written, it exactly preserves the semantics of the
> code.

The extra check does no harm, and made it easier to review.
Combined with the patch you had sent me separately (which
addressed this tracker item:
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?104490
) and committed 20141026T2211Z, revision 5999.

>  A better solution would be to not use event table for connecting this
> event handler at all and instead call Bind() to do it after creating
> list_window_. However Bind() is not currently used in LMI code and while I
> do think that it would be a good idea to start using it, I didn't want to
> change too many things just to deal with this simple case.

Someday. But there are higher priorities, like updating the
gcc version we're using for msw.