lmi

Re: [lmi] Group premium quotes

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Group premium quotes
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 00:58:50 +0000

On 2015-07-17 02:25, Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2015-07-16 15:11, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
>
>> - Numbers in all 4 "Quarterly premium" columns.
>
> Four new fields to be added to class LedgerInvariant. I could assign names
> now for your use, but I'd rather wait until the compliance review is complete
> in case any more columns are needed.

It seems pretty certain that no more columns are wanted, so these four members
    double          InitModalPrem00; // without riders
    double          InitModalPrem01; // with WP only
    double          InitModalPrem10; // with ADB only
    double          InitModalPrem11; // with ADB and WP
have been added to class LedgerInvariant on 20150813T0039Z.

Key:
  WP = "waiver of premium"
  ADB = "accidental death benefit"

I went all cryptic on the names out of fear that the rider combinations might
expand in future years, and I don't want names like

InitialModalPremium_WithWaiver_WithoutAccidentalDeathBenefit_WithSpouseRider_WithoutChildrenRider_WithGuaranteedInsurabilityOption_WithoutTermRider
when
  InitModalPrem101010
might reasonably be considered no less readable. Well, if it comes to that, we
could talk about, say, putting these premiums in a bitfield-indexed array....