lmi

[lmi] PDF unit tests [Was: Integrate wxPdfDocument into lmi build system

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] PDF unit tests [Was: Integrate wxPdfDocument into lmi build system]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 14:26:35 +0000

On 2015-08-07 16:33, Greg Chicares wrote:
[...]
> Probably I'll move 'wx_pdfdoc_test' out of $(unit_test_targets), which
> otherwise don't depend on wx in any way. For now, it can just be a
> standalone program that's built and run only upon explicit demand.
> Soon, it may go away, because we can just create a premium-quote PDF
> in the GUI-test suite and this tiny test will no longer serve any
> purpose (I think).

For the same reasons, and some additional ones, I plan not to commit
'group_premium_pdf_gen_test' at all. It's in the code you sent to my
personal email. I've built it and run it, and it succeeds--so it was
useful to have this as temporary scaffolding. But it requires an input
file that I usually keep in /lmi/src/lmi/ and some mortality tables
that live in /opt/lmi/data/ on my machine, whereas I'm running it from
a different directory altogether, so it's really more convenient for
me just to build lmi and run the same steps manually.