lmi

Re: [lmi] Allow switching skin while lmi is running

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Allow switching skin while lmi is running
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 19:47:49 +0200

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:25:58 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2016-06-01 12:28, Murphy, Kimberly wrote:
GC> >
GC> > Users would absolutely welcome the ability to change the print
GC> > directory, myself included. It saves user's time of moving files
GC> > after the fact. It’s been asked for so how could it not be a win.
GC>
GC> Okay, that one seems the most desirable addition, and for technical
GC> reasons it's among the hardest

 Interesting, what is so hard about editing the print directory option?

GC> All four of these fields, along with the skin selector, will go
GC> on the tab whose label is "Input" today; I'll change the label
GC> to "General", which is often the first tab in "Preferences" for
GC> other applications.

 FWIW if you really want to have a standard look for this dialog, you might
consider using wxPreferencesEditor which is meant to look as native
dialogs. Unfortunately MSW doesn't really have any native dialog for this
nor even any real standard (I think a wxListbook or a wxTreebook with the
icons on the left hand side is the most common approach, but there are
plenty of exceptions), so it won't gain us much under this platform, the
difference is most pronounced in wxGTK and wxOSX ports. However using this
class might still be a good idea because if it improved in wxWidgets later,
lmi would profit from these improvements automatically.

 Regards,
VZ