lmi

Re: [lmi] Missing system directories in chroot

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Missing system directories in chroot
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 23:52:59 +0200

On Sat, 8 Oct 2016 18:32:17 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> but I'm wondering about the last line quoted above. We're hoping to create
GC> a chroot this way on a corporate server, which might be rebooted at any
time,
GC> so it's important that these mounts persist across reboots. But what's the
GC> best way to ensure that--is /etc/fstab the best answer, as debian suggests:
GC>
GC> https://wiki.debian.org/chroot#Default_Configurations
GC> | Generally the file /etc/fstab might look like this:
GC> | # grep chroot /etc/fstab
GC> | /dev /srv/chroot/wheezy/dev auto bind 0 0
GC> | /dev/pts /srv/chroot/wheezy/dev/pts auto bind 0 0
GC> | /proc /srv/chroot/wheezy/proc auto bind 0 0
GC>
GC> or is that likely to be problematic with a RHEL system running systemd?

 I don't have much experience with systemd yet, but in what experience I do
have, it seems to handle /etc/fstab just fine (i.e. indistinguishably from
the old SystemV way) and its documentation at

   https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.mount.html

even says

        In general, configuring mount points through /etc/fstab is the
        preferred approach.

so I don't foresee any problems with this.

 Regards,
VZ