lmi

Re: [lmi] Running unit tests in less time

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Running unit tests in less time
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 00:22:37 +0200

On Fri, 5 May 2017 22:31:09 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> As for the rest...
GC>
GC> | 1. cache_file_reads_test fails because it expects to find sample.ill file
GC> | in the current directory
GC>
GC> | 2. configurable_settings_test fails because configurable_settings.xml
GC> | doesn't exist
GC>
GC> | 3. input_test fails because /opt/lmi/data/single_cell_document.xsd doesn't
GC> | exist
GC>
GC> | 4. mc_enum_test fails because Data directory 'xxx' contains no product
files

GC> ...couldn't all those problems could be solved by installing lmi into
GC> '/opt/lmi/data'?

 They probably could, but especially under Linux it would be really nice if
the program could be tested without requiring root permissions, which are
normally necessary for installing it under /opt. But even leaving the
permission issues aside, it's very unusual to require installing before
being able to run the tests. I.e. the traditional workflow is "make && make
check && make install".

 Regards,
VZ