lmi

Re: [lmi] Regression: spin control position in dataview

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Regression: spin control position in dataview
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 21:18:21 +0000

On 2017-05-15 20:34, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2017 15:22:26 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

[...reproducible anomaly

>  Unfortunately I don't see any way to fix this bug from outside of
> wxWidgets, the change of c4b2d5c1ffe8c6387bc3ab442b067c6f2515eb10 really
> needs to be applied. If you don't want to update wxWidgets right now, you
> can just integrate it into the version being currently used, here is the
> diff:

I'll do that as an interim fix, so that we can upgrade wx at our leisure.

>  If you do want to upgrade, you can take this commit or wait until 3.1.1
> release which should happen relatively soon.

When an official release like 3.1.1 is declared, is it equivalent to some
sha1sum at the wx github site, so that the following URLs yield archives
with the same contents?
  https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/archive/$(SHA1SUM_for_3.1.1).zip

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/releases/download/v3.1.1/wxWidgets-3.1.1.tar.bz2
Or is it the case that github has only the master branch, and official
releases correspond to some release branch not represented at github?

The reason I ask is that lmi's 'install_wx.make' has two alternative code
paths for URLs of the two types given above, and I'm wondering if there is
any value in retaining both ways.

Oh, and, BTW, do both hypothetical 3.1.1 URLs above include all supported
architectures, like the old wxALL tarballs--so that they provide all the
source needed for msw, gtk, and so on?

[At any rate, I guess no file like this will be created:
  ftp://ftp.wxwidgets.org/pub/3.1.1/wxWidgets-3.1.1.tar.bz2 [see below]
Coming from the age of steam, I have a predisposition to think sites like
github come and go, while ftp is eternal. However, this page
  http://wxwidgets.org/downloads/
demonstrates a preference for github; and wx's own ftp site, as well as
the York University mirror, seem frozen in 2014.]