lmi

Re: [lmi] Directory structure for multiple-architecture builds

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Directory structure for multiple-architecture builds
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 18:48:51 +0200

On Tue, 23 May 2017 16:42:27 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2017-05-23 14:29, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> >  I've just realized that I don't actually know how is the end user
GC> > distribution created. Does it use the same structure with "bin"
GC> > subdirectory? This would be somewhat unusual (although not exactly unique)
GC> > for a MSW application...
GC>
GC> We copy everything into a single flat directory

 But then the prefix used for the parent directory doesn't matter at all
and it seems that we can use the canonical string (whether it's based on
uname or host triplet) without any danger, so why did you worry about this
in the previous message where you wrote "it might make a lot of sense to
use an empty string for the triplet distributed to end users"?

GC> The 'fardel' target in 'workhorse.make' does it all.

 Ah, yes, of course, I knew I should have know this. Thanks for refreshing
my memory!
VZ