lmi

[lmi] wx mismatch between versions [Was: wx ./configure options]

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] wx mismatch between versions [Was: wx ./configure options]
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 23:30:52 +0000

On 2017-05-27 11:38, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sat, 27 May 2017 10:44:32 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> Currently I'm specifying
> GC>   --disable-compat24
> GC> which I think is silently ignored.
>
>  Yes, but it won't be after my changes mentioned above, so it would be
> better to remove it now. This option disappeared in wxWidgets 3.0 according
> to the usual rules: --enable-compatN version appears and is on by default
> in N+2 release, becomes off by default in N+4 release and disappears (i.e.
> becomes permanently off) in N+6 release.
>
> GC> I'm guessing that the defaults for such 'compat' options are generally
> GC> appropriate and should not be overridden without a specific reason.
>
>  Defaults are determined by the rule above, but if you can afford it, it's
> better to use --disable-compat(N-2) to ensure that no changes will be
> needed when updating to the future versions. So the best would be to
> actually replace --disable-compat24 with --disable-compat30.

When I try to run lmi (i686, wine) I get a messagebox saying:

Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.1.1 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,STL
containers,compatible with 3.0),
and your program used 3.1.1 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,STL containers).

After seeing it the first time, I rebuilt wx and wxpdfdoc from
scratch, then re-made lmi, and got the same message again.

Then I removed my lmi build directory and built lmi again from
scratch, and got the same message again.

'wx-config' is found right where I expect it:

/opt/lmi/src/lmi[0]$echo $path
/opt/lmi/local/bin /opt/lmi/local/lib /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin
/opt/lmi/src/lmi[0]$whence wx-config
/opt/lmi/local/bin/wx-config

and its timestamp is just a few minutes ago.

'--disable-compat30' is intended:

grep compat install_wx.make
  --disable-compat30 \

...and 'configure' is definitely called with that flag:
  ... --disable-aui --disable-compat30 --disable-dependency-tracking ...

...and there is no "WARNING" from 'configure' about '--disable-compat30'
except when configuring expat (as expected).

It seems odd that wx is "compatible with 3.0" even though it was
configured otherwise, yet lmi isn't "compatible with 3.0". It's almost
as though wx knows that I gave that option, and passes it to wx-config,
but then ignores it when wx itself is built.

Could it be that '--disable-compat30' is not allowed, because I'm using
this older sha1sum:
  wxWidgets-41045df7ea5f93e4c07c1bd846d7127a372705bd.zip
(backpatched for the issue recently discussed)--i.e., is that commit
incompatible with disabling 3.0 compatibility?

Is there any way I can debug this? Should I just remove '--disable-compat30'?