lmi

Re: [lmi] Branching to replace XSL-FO

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Branching to replace XSL-FO
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 14:45:52 +0000

On 2017-11-03 14:13, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
>  I hesitate to mention it, but you may easily create your own aliases for
> it, e.g. you could use "git switch <branch>" for changing branches and
> "checkout" for everything else.

Understood. Synthesizing commands that implement new behaviors would
be a reasonable use case. But I don't want to use aliases as a crutch
to avoid learning the tricky stuff.

>  Sorry if this isn't the reply you hoped for, but it's the only one I could
> write,

It's exactly what I hoped for. Thanks for bearing with me. Your
explanation that git-checkout can both change the working directory
and change where HEAD points was particularly helpful.