lmi

[lmi] mailman: nodupes, metoo, CC: results

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] mailman: nodupes, metoo, CC: results
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 23:46:36 +0000

The html archive
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2018-02/
shows all four of these messages:

[lmi] mailman: nodupes, metoo, CC [4], Greg Chicares, 18:28
[lmi] mailman: nodupes, metoo, CC [3], Greg Chicares, 18:25
[lmi] mailman: nodupes, metoo, CC [2], Greg Chicares, 18:18
[lmi] mailman: nodupes, metoo, CC, Greg Chicares, 18:14

and I have received only the 18:14 and 18:25 ones, which are
exactly the ones that I had CCed to myself.

It just so happens that I recently failed to CC myself and,
to my surprise, nevertheless received a copy of my post.

My tentative conclusion is that either gnu.org or yahoo
had been behaving erratically a week or so ago, but is now
behaving properly...and that my continued failure to receive
any of my own postings is now due only to the habit that I
recently acquired of CCing myself, to work around the
aforesaid erraticism...and that now I receive copies of my
own postings iff I do not CC myself, despite turning off
the "nodupes" and "not metoo" settings.

Reference for those settings:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-August/038452.html