lmi

Re: [lmi] Replacing boost with C++ standard library [Was: Replacing boos

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Replacing boost with C++ standard library [Was: Replacing boost with std C++11]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 13:15:17 +0100

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 22:31:48 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Now the only remaining obstacle is 'filesystem'.

 FWIW g++ 7 has std::experimental::filesystem and MinGW does provide it
too, so we might already start using it if we upgrade the compiler used
(which shouldn't create any problems, there are not that many changes
between g++ 6 and 7). OTOH it might make sense to wait until g++ 8 which
will have it std::filesystem itself.

 I could also resurrect my ancient patch updating the code to use version 3
(on which C++17 std::filesystem is based) of Boost.Filesystem API instead
of the version 1 that we use currently, not so much for applying it, but to
use as a base for the later switch to std::filesystem.

 Please let me know if you think any of this is worth doing,
VZ