lmi

Re: [lmi] perf+wine

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] perf+wine
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 22:48:44 +0100

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 21:26:32 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> For my part, I don't think I'll be able to use a debugger again
GC> until I build for GNU/Linux natively.

 Would you want to discuss what goes wrong for you when using
i686-w64-mingw-gdb? It just works out of the box for me and is just as
comfortable (or annoying, depending on your taste) to use as gdb under
native Linux.

 If you'd like, I could describe what I do exactly, but there is really
nothing surprising there, i.e. it's just:

1. Install the packages.
2. Run gdbserver under Wine.
3. Run gdb and connect to it.

 Please let me know if you'd like to have more details,
VZ