lmi

Re: [lmi] 'wine' anomalies

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] 'wine' anomalies
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 17:08:42 +0000

On 2018-03-07 20:14, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 17:28:22 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

[commit e6ea0a5:

+    // Work around a 'wine' issue--see:
+    //   https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2018-03/msg00041.html
+    SetIcons(TopWindow().GetIcons());

in 'mvc_controller.cpp']

>  We can, but I would do it just by having some function taking
> wxTopLevelWindow called InitFrame() or maybe just SetUp() in Skeleton and
> then calling it for both the main frame and the MvcController dialog.

My concern in that case is that the separation of concerns between
the MVC framework and lmi's
  class Skeleton : public wxApp
would be weakened. Right now, class MvcController doesn't know
anything about class Skeleton.

> Moreover, such function could be useful for doing other things
> later, e.g. I'd really like lmi main (and why not the other) window(s) to
> remember its geometry automatically, as is common, because otherwise I need
> to constantly move it to another monitor when debugging to make it more
> comfortable -- and this could be done here as well.

I've never had more than one monitor, so I'll just assume you're
right about that. But remembering the geometry would be nice even
on a single monitor. If I start lmi and unmaximize it, then resize
it and exit, the new size isn't remembered when I start lmi again.
I assume that's what you're talking about here, and I guess you'd
like to be able to remember the resized dimensions of other windows
like the tabbed input dialog as well.

Me, I always maximize every application, so personally I have no
compelling need for this, but it would be nice to have. Is there
some facility built into wx that would make this easy?