lmi

Re: [lmi] Group-quote PDF: whitespace changes, and enhancement

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Group-quote PDF: whitespace changes, and enhancement
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:41:07 +0000

On 2018-03-09 11:32, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 02:50:58 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> major issue is whether these "999..." fields apply only to a single
> GC> page, or are generic (i.e. so that the same width would be used for
> GC> a user-designed supplemental report).
>
>  All supplemental report columns currently use "999,999" to compute their
> width, which is surely wrong in the light of this discussion. For now I
> think we have no choice but to replace it with "999,999,999", but in the
> future I think we should consider to defining the columns metadata in one
> place and using it from both standard_supplemental_report (where this
> "999,999" is currently hard-coded) and the other page classes.

Is there currently a place where column metadata is stored, so that we
could update it there? Or are you saying that ideally there would be
such a place, but today there is not?

> GC>   ,{ "ErGrossPmt"           , "ER Gross\nPayment"          ,
> "999,999" }
> GC>   ,{ "EeGrossPmt"           , "EE Gross\nPayment"          ,
> "999,999" }
> GC>   ,{ "GrossPmt"             , "Premium\nOutlay"            ,
> "999,999,999" }

Where did the widths above (e.g., "999,999") come from? Were they taken
from somewhere in the old XSL-FO code? Or were they initial guesses
based on examining sample output?