lmi

Re: [lmi] Fwd: How did this unit test fail?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Fwd: How did this unit test fail?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 22:57:42 +0200

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 18:43:43 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Could you please test the Visigothic proof of concept that I hacked out
GC> below? It works perfectly here, both of these ways:
GC>
GC>   /opt/lmi/src/lmi[0]$make $coefficiency unit_tests
unit_test_targets=bourn_cast_test.exe 2>&1 |less -S

GC>   /opt/lmi/src/lmi[0]$make $coefficiency unit_tests
unit_test_targets=bourn_cast_test.exe build_type=safestdlib 2>&1 |less -S

GC> and if all your compilers like it, I'll lay my axe aside and rework it
GC> carefully for committal.

 I've tested this with g++ 7, clang 6 and even (pre-release) g++ 8 as well
as msvc 14.1 (a.k.a. MSVS 2017) and didn't have any problems with neither
of them. I also ran the test after compiling it with -fsanitize=undefined
and it still passed just fine.

 Regards,
VZ