lmi

Re: [lmi] One PDF line prints on top of another

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] One PDF line prints on top of another
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 13:10:59 +0000

On 2018-05-02 11:37, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 2 May 2018 00:37:07 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> I've combed the mailing-list archives since wxPdfDoc illustrations were
> GC> merged, and this is the only significant problem I found that can still
> GC> be reproduced
>
>  I don't know if it's significant, but I also have a point about producing
> a special PDF for the already lapsed illustrations. Other than that, I
> indeed don't really have anything important.

Yes, I saw that email thread and mistakenly thought we had handled it,
but indeed we haven't yet. The last message is here:
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2018-02/msg00083.html
and the idea is to produce a PDF file containing only a line like:
  "No illustration produced: lapsed in month %s of the first year."
instead of throwing an exception when tables would have zero rows.

As for the issue that logical pages without tables may sprawl across
multiple physical pages...

> I do intend to
> return to this a.s.a.p., this is the top item in my TODO list.

Good.

And the other issue that is an even higher priority for lmi is:

  https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/795
  Improve saving/restoring TLW geometry under MSW

There has been only one comment (which was trivial). How soon would
something like this get merged if there are no more comments?