lmi

Re: [lmi] 'wine' anomalies

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] 'wine' anomalies
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 23:50:19 +0200

On Sat, 5 May 2018 13:34:11 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2018-05-05 13:07, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
GC> >  Do I understand correctly that this happens only under Wine?
GC>
GC> I don't know.

 I now do: I've done exactly the same thing as I had done under native MSW
before in Wine and I do indeed see the bug, so it's definitely its bug. I
even tried updating my Wine to the latest 3.7, which is available as
wine-development in Buster now, but the bug is still there.

 And even though it's less visible now that wxALIGN_RIGHT is not used any
more, Wine still doesn't calculate the size of the inner text control
correctly as can be seen by it overwriting half of the up/down button
control when you focus on it.

GC> We can certainly ignore this if it happens only with 'wine'.

 It might be still worth reporting this, but I'll let you do it if it
bothers you sufficiently to motivate you to create a bug report in their
bug tracker.

 Regards,
VZ