lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] odd/multiarch c912adf 5/5: Avoid 'whence' in /bi

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] odd/multiarch c912adf 5/5: Avoid 'whence' in /bin/sh scripts
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 19:12:26 +0200

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 08:32:59 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> branch: odd/multiarch
GC> commit c912adf0ac998a99961826364234df860926cc57
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC>
GC>     Avoid 'whence' in /bin/sh scripts
GC> ---
GC>  install_msw.sh | 2 +-
GC>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
GC>
GC> diff --git a/install_msw.sh b/install_msw.sh
GC> index 1c20c56..2c522ed 100755
GC> --- a/install_msw.sh
GC> +++ b/install_msw.sh
GC> @@ -228,7 +228,7 @@ echo "$PATH"
GC>  . ./set_arch.sh
GC>  echo "$PATH"
GC>
GC> -whence wx-config
GC> +command -v wx-config

 Just FYI, I know that there is a bug in dash with using "command -v": it
can return a wrong, non-executable, command if there is one in any
directories in the PATH before the actual executable one, see the still
open bug https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=874264

 It looks unlikely that it would affect lmi here, and I'm not sure if the
alternative ("type") works better, but I wanted to mention it just in case
you run into it to prevent you from potentially wasting a lot of time
trying to figure out was wrong -- as I did, when this happened to me (which
is, of course, how I know about this problem in the first place).

 Regards,
VZ